Top 21 interview questions for techies
Are you a techie and soon going for an interview? Here is a list of questions you should consider preparing answers for before your next interview.
Most popular technical questions asked by recruiters and companies
1. What development tools have you used?
2. What languages have you programmed in?
3. What source control tools have you used?
4. What are your technical qualifications?
5. What do you do to maintain your technical qualifications?
6. How did your education help prepare you for this job?
7. How would you rate your key competencies for this job?
8. What are your IT strengths and weaknesses?
9. Tell me about the most recent project you worked on. What were your responsibilities?
10. From the description of this position what do you think you will be doing on a day-to-day basis?
11. What challenges do you think you might expect in this job if you were hired?
12. What technical websites do you follow?
13. What elements are necessary for a successful team and why?
14. Tell me about the project you are most proud of, and what your contribution was.
15. Describe your production deployment process.
16. Explain a time where you applied your technical knowledge in a practical way.
17. In network security, what is a honey pot, and why is it used?
18. What did you do to ensure quality in your deliverables?
19. What percentage of your time do you spend unit testing?
20. What do you expect in the solution documents you are provided?
21. What automated-build tools or processes have you used?